Georgini Pty Limited ("Georgini") takes its obligations under the Privacy Act, 1988 (Cth) ("Act") and the National Privacy Principles seriously. We respect your right to privacy and understand the need to protect your personal information.
COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a large retailer of consumer products and services, personal information collected and maintained by Georgini generally comprises:
- • personal details such as name, address, drivers licence information, date of birth and place of birth information;
- • contact details including phone number, fax number and email address;
- • credit card and cheque details;
- • reports from credit reporting agencies;
- • business details such as company name, size and business type; and
- • unique identifiers such as user name, account number and password;
- • This personal information is collected for the purposes of Georgini's dealings with its customers, performing credit worthiness checks in accordance with Georgini's credit policies and promoting and marketing Georgini's goods and services. It is also used, as much as possible, to guard against fraud.
Georgini does not collect information about a customer's racial or ethnic background, political views or persuasions, membership of any political association, professional or trade association, trade union membership, religious belief or affiliation, philosophical belief, sexual preference or practice, criminal record or health information.USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONPersonal information is used by Georgini for its legitimate business purposes, as disclosed at the time of collection. It is also used for ancillary purposes such as locating and identifying customers or otherwise servicing Georgini's relationship with its customers.
Georgini may also use personal information collected for the purposes of marketing its goods and services. If, as one of Georgini's customers, you do not wish to receive direct marketing information, please contact Georgini.
Georgini undertakes to its customers that it will not sell, rent or trade personal information about its customers. Georgini will not disclose personal information to third parties to market their goods and services. We will not otherwise use or disclose your personal information unless such use or disclosure is authorized under the National Privacy Principles. Some examples of where such use or disclosure would be authorized are:
- • use or disclosure is required or authorized at law;
- • use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety;
- • use or disclosure is necessary to investigate suspected unlawful activity, to prevent or detect criminal offence or seriously improper conduct;
- • use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the conduct of or preparation for Court proceedings; or
- • you have consented, either expressly or implicitly to the disclosure of information about you.Georgini relies upon third party contractors and suppliers ("Agents") to undertake specialized activities or services such as mail outs and internet communications and other promotions. These Agents act on behalf of Georgini and have agreed not to use any personal information about customers provided to them for any purpose other than the specific engagement on behalf of Georgini. Whilst personal information may be provided to these Agents to enable them to perform their tasks, such information at all times remains the property of Georgini.
ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Georgini aims to ensure that all personal information held about you is collected and used in accordance with the National Privacy Principles. If you believe your personal information as held by Georgini is not accurate, complete or otherwise requires amendment, please do not hesitate to contact Georgini.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURITY
Georgini keeps personal information about its customers secure and takes reasonable precautions to minimize the likelihood of loss, misuse or unauthorized access or alteration of such information.
DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information about Georgini's customers is destroyed when it is no longer required by Georgini.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Georgini will give you access to your personal information which we hold about you. Your right to access your personal information as held by Georgini is subject to certain exceptions allowed by law. Your right to access your personal information may be affected by matters such as:
- • the information being commercially sensitive to Georgini or one of its service providers or customers;
- • access posing a threat to life or health of any individual;
- • access having an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- • access being unlawful;
- • access prejudicing enforcement activities relating to criminal conduct or other breaches of law;
- • a frivolous or vexatious request by you or some other person on your behalf;
- • the existence of a legal dispute or potential legal dispute; and
- • denial of access being required or authorized by law.If Georgini denies you access to your personal information, we will provide a reason. For most requests, your information will be provided free of charge, however Georgini may charge a reasonable fee to cover its costs in relation to your request.
OPT-OUT IN RESPECT OF PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL
Georgini acknowledges and respects its customers' choice to "opt-out" of direct marketing communication activities undertaken by Georgini. If as a customer you not wish to receive promotional material from Georgini, please contact Georgini and indicate the particular promotional material you do not wish to receive.
OBTAINING MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY
More information about your privacy rights, the Act or the National Privacy Principles is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at www.privacy.gov.au.
RESOLVING YOUR PRIVACY CONCERNS
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
GEORGINI PTY LTD ABN 21 236 942 048